Advertised as the number one online casino, EmuCasino has been in the online gambling business for some time. It went online in 2012 but was relaunched in 2015, with new features and promotions. Interestingly, this casino claims to have only around 500 games, but we found a considerably higher number of games when we did our manual count.
EmuCasino is one of the most neatly organized casino websites we have reviewed. The site looks simple but attractive. The pages load quickly and the games have no responsiveness issues. The user interface is intuitive. Some may find the frequent CAPTCHA requirement bothersome (there is a compulsory CAPTCHA prompt after a certain period of time), but it’s a good security measure to protect the casino from attacks that may adversely affect its performance.
This online casino accepts bitcoin deposits, but it does not support withdrawals in bitcoins. It has limited withdrawal methods. It is a licensed online gambling operation that maintains a Know Your Customer policy, which means anonymous online gambling with bitcoins or cryptocurrency is out of the question. It is regularly audited for its payouts to winning players to ensure fair play. It is a fully PCI DSS compliant online casino, which means it passes standards for secure transactions.
Getting an EmuCasino account involves a two-step process. The first step asks for your email address, username, password, country, nationality, currency, and date of birth. The second step requires you to enter your first name, last name, address, and mobile phone number. It also asks you for a set of question and answer that will most likely be needed in case you forget your password or if you are locked out of your account.
EmuCasino follows a Know-Your-Customer policy similar to those of banks and other leading online casinos. As such, it’s important to make sure that the personal details you enter during account registration are accurate and not misleading. False or deceptive information can be used by EmuCasino as grounds for terminating your account or for withholding your withdrawals.
After filling out and submitting the account registration form, you have to check your inbox for an email from EmuCasino. You need to click click on the Activate Account link in it to complete the registration process. You will be automatically logged into your account after clicking on the account activation link.
EmuCasino User Interface
The EmuCasino user interface may not look like what you would see in most other online casinos but it is simple and easy to figure out. To go to your profile or account page, just click on your name near the upper right corner of the sight. Doing this will open a dropdown menu that presents the quick access links to your Profile, Settings, Limits, (identity) Verification, History, and Bonus pages.
If you want to make a deposit, just click on the conspicuous orange Deposit button near the upper right corner of the site.
If you need customer assistance, click on the persistent orange Support button on the lower right corner of the site.
EmuCasino is committed to responsible gambling (the Limits link in the dropdown menu mentioned above) that’s why it provides players the option to impose maximum amounts for deposits, bets, losses, and game session time. A self-exclusion feature is also provided. Players can voluntarily lock themselves out of their account for a specific period of time to prevent excessive playing.
The website can be viewed in two language versions, namely English and Swedish.
EmuCasino has a growing collection of games. At the time we did this review, it had 1,128 games. We just love how the games on this casino are presented. The collection is searchable (search bar near the upper right corner) and the game categories have their respective numbers of games indicated on them. The search bar also comes with useful filters like game types and game features (free spins, bonus levels, etc). It does not only perform searches based on game titles.
- There were 903 slots games on the site when we wrote this review. These include slots with more than 31 lines, video slots, and 3D slots.
- The Blackjack category had 27 games in it including multihand, European, American, Vegas, and Premier blackjack.
- The Roulette category had 19 games.
- EmuCasino also had 37 scratch card games when we did this review.
- There were 66 video poker games.
- The casino also featured 17 virtual sports games.
- Additionally, EmuCasino had 8 live casino games including blackjack, roulette, baccarat, different variants of poker.
Game loading time on EmuCasino is not that fast but it’s not that bad that it would discourage players altogether. Once completely loaded, the games are responsive. There are no performance issues. We didn’t experience hiccups or freezes as we tried playing the games.
The game pages come with some useful information (game overview and guide in particular), which is great for those who are not familiar with the games yet. Newbie online casino players would likely appreciate these.
You will not find “Play for Fun” and “Play for Real” options as you click on the games (on their game thumbnails). However, EmuCasino’s games actually have “Play for Fun” options. You can switch to this by clicking on the “Fun Money” tab on the upper left corner of each game interface. This allows you to play the games without making a real money deposit. As such, EmuCasino can be considered as a free bitcoin casino.
EmuCasino Game Software and Fairness
The games on EmuCasino are from several game software providers. These include 1X2Gaming, Betsoft, Big Time Gaming, Evolution, Evoplay, GameArt, Habanero, Microgaming, iSoftBet, Multislot, Oryx Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Quick Spin, RabCat, and Xplosive.
There are no provably fair games on EmuCasino. There are no readily provided client or server seeds for game sessions that can be used to test the fairness of the games results. However, most of the game software providers of this casino are reputable names in the gaming industry so there is no significant reason to believe that the games are being manipulated.
Moreover, EmuCasino regularly undergoes a third party payout percentage review to ascertain that its payout rates are comparable to industry standards. This review is conducted monthly by eCOGRA or eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance, a London-based independent testing agency and accredited certification body for online gambling.
Is EmuCasino Mobile-Friendly?
Like most modern online casinos, the games on EmuCasino are compatible with mobile playing. You can sign up for an account and play the games on this casino with your smartphone or tablet. It does not use a responsive web design, though. Instead, it has a mobile version of the site. In case the site does not automatically redirect to the mobile version when you access it with your mobile device, just append the word “mobile” after the slash at the end of the casino’s domain name (i.e. www.emucasino.com/mobile).
Currencies, Deposits, and Withdrawals
EmuCasino accepts the following currencies: US dollar (USD), Australian dollar (AUD), Canadian dollar (CAD), New Zealand dollar (NZD), British pounds (GBP), euro (EUR), Swedish krona (SEK), Norwegian krone (NOK), and Japanese yen (YEN).
You can make a deposit through Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards, PaySafecard, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, and of course through bitcoin. Processing time is instant for all deposit options. There are no deposit transaction fees imposed. The minimum deposit is 10 USD for all deposit options while the maximum deposit allowed is 2,500 USD for debit/credit cards, 100 USD for PaySafeCard, and 10,000 USD for bitcoin and e-wallets (Neteller, Skrill, and ecoPayz).
When it comes to withdrawals, the options available are instant and standard banking. Instant banking usually takes a processing time of around 2 days. The minimum withdrawable amount is 50 USD while the maximum is 10,000 USD. Standard banking, on the other hand, takes up to 10 days of processing, with minimum withdrawable amount of 50 USD and a maximum of 20,000 USD.
The payment (depositing/withdrawal) methods supported by EmuCasino varies according to the location of the player. Don’t be surprised if you see more or fewer payment options than the ones mentioned above as you go to your Cashier (deposit/withdrawal) page.
Bonuses, Promotions, and VIP Program
There are several bonuses, promotions, rewards, and opportunities offered on EmuCasino. These can be summarized as follows:
- Welcome Deposit Bonus – There are three of these matching deposit bonuses. They have a wagering requirement of 20x the sum of the deposit made and the bonus obtained. We found inconsistencies on the bonus details so we contacted EmuCasino. Unfortunately, we haven’t heard from them yet at the time this review was posted.
- 100% First Deposit Bonus of up to 100 USD.
- 50% Second Deposit Bonus of up to 200 USD. On the Online Casino Bonus page of EmuCasino, the maximum obtainable second deposit bonus is only 100 USD with a rate of 25%.
- 80% Third Deposit Bonus of up to 125 USD. On the Online Casino Bonus page, the rate for this is only 50%, with a maximum obtainable bonus of only 100 USD.
- Free Spins – This deposit bonus grants 12 free spins to players from Germany, Canada, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and The Netherlands.
- Birthday Bonus – This is a no deposit bonus but you need to have made at least one deposit to be able to avail of this. You will be getting a customized present for this bonus, depending on your level in the EmuCasino VIP club.
- Casino Races – These are simple competitions for slots allowing players to win more prizes than what can be ordinarily won.
- VIP Club – Similar to the VIP programs and rewards of leading online casinos, there is a loyalty program and VIP club for EmuCasino players. It offers customized promotions and bonuses, transaction fees, exclusive invites, “personalized first class customer support,” and EmuCasino branded merchandise depending on your Loyalty Tier or VIP level. A glimpse into these VIP tiers and perks is presented below.
- Affiliate Program – EmuCasino has an affiliate program that offers commissions ranging from 25% to 45% depending on the net revenue earned by the casino on the players you refer. You can take advantage of this by clicking on the “Affiliates” link at the footer of the EmuCasino website. Don’t be surprised if you are redirected to a different website. This site is affiliated with EmuCasino.
EmuCasino’s VIP or loyalty program’s main feature is the EmuPoints, which are given to players relative to their activity on the casino. All players get 1,000 EmuPoints on the get-go (upon account registration). Players earn more points for every wager (depending on the amount wagered and the player VIP level). Players who log into the casino and play on a daily basis get 200 EmuPoints. Additional 500 more EmuPoints are awarded for every deposit worth 100 USD.
EmuCasino is created to accommodate players from different parts of the world. However, it is a non-US casino. It also prohibits players from the following countries: France, Denmark, Israel, Italy, Belgium, Hungary, Malaysia, Italy, North Korea, Singapore, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
Is EmuCasino Anonymous?
Players seeking an anonymous online casino would have to look for other options as EmuCasino is not intended to be an anonymous gambling site. It has an account verification requirement. Players should provide accurate personal information and documents that would serve as proofs of identity. The failure to do account verification can lead to suspension of the ability to withdraw funds or the termination of an account.
EmuCasino License, Regulation, and Security
EmuCasino is a licensed online gambling operation. It has obtained authorization and licensing from the Government of Curacao with the following license number: #365/JAZ. The license is held by Seasons Ever Ltd.
To be granted a Curacao online casino license, EmuCasino had to undergo strict evaluation and comply with various requirements. These requirements include the need to have a solid data security system. As such, EmuCasino guarantees customers high security standards and systems including 256-bit SSL encryption, which is used by banks and financial institutions. EmuCasino uses Thawte’s SSL Web Server Certificate.
EmuCasino Customer Support
EmuCasino provides player support mainly through email and live chat. Click on the orange Support button on the lower right corner of the site to open the live chat or email support facility. The casino provides 24/7 support and is notably responsive.
If you can’t contact EmuCasino through email or live chat, you can send a message through social media. The links to the official social media accounts of the casino are provided on the left side of the casino website’s footer.
Pros and Cons
- Hundreds of games from multiple online game software providers
- Responsive live chat support
- Responsible gambling features
- Mobile-friendly casino
- Non-US casino
- No provably fair games
- Inconsistent details about the bonuses
- Bitcoin withdrawals not supported