CoinRoyale is one of the most recognizable bitcoin casinos out there today and is also one of the most frequented options. It is elegant looking and all of the games play like their standard online casino counterparts, albeit with a few improvements here and there to increase security. You’ll find a good handful of bitcoin casino games to choose from, such as Video Poker, Baccarat and a Slot machine game and you don’t even need to register to give the games a try. For the wary, you can always play using 1,000 free credits to get a good feel of how the site works before you decide to pour in your investments.
It also allows players to play anonymously as it doesn’t require players to fill up any identification forms. When registering players just need your email address and they’re good to go. There’s even a bonus promotion for newcomers and transactions are completed instantly.
Instant Registration Process
Bitcoin casinos often tout that they have lightning fast registration/log-in procedures as proof that the games and transactions also occur without delay. Fortunately, CoinRoyale triumphs in this aspect with flying colors.
Testing this while doing this CoinRoyale review, the registration process took no longer than fifteen seconds and if you’re really acquainted with your email address then you may be able to type it in and let the site add you to its database even faster.
There is no verification required so once you go through that one-step registration process you’re done. However, CoinRoyale does offer a two-factor authentication process for additional security. This uses a code generated by Google Authenticator and it is completed via mobile device, which is a good means of ensuring no one else can log in and spend your bitcoins without your knowledge.
Keep in mind that upon completing the registration process the site will prompt players to make a deposit and this is when a player can make use of the sign up bonus promotion for newcomers.
Up to 1BTC Welcome Bonus
CoinRoyale gives you a 100% Coinroyale welcome bonus. You can earn a maximum bonus of 1 BTC but it will not be automatically credited to your account. You need to use a code (WELCOMEBTC) to avail of the bonus. Also, you will not automatically earn the bonus just because you signed up for an account. Only some games let you earn the welcome bonus. These games are:
- And video poker.
The slots game lets you get the full 100% while video poker only contributes 50% and blackjack at 25%. This means that you can wager your bonus at the slots game over and over until you earn the entirety of it. If you play video poker, you will only earn 50% of it so you have to find another game where you can wager the bonus so you can earn the rest of it.
Basically, this rule tells you that you will only be able to earn the full 100% if you play slots. If you play other games, you will end up having to play all of the three bonus-enabling games since you can only get a combined 75% with blackjack and video poker. Hence, you will have to play slots to earn the remaining 25%.
Just like in other online bitcoin casinos, you need to roll the bonus over a minimum of 35 times within a 30-day period for it to be credited to your account.
Play with Free Credits on CoinRoyale
One great feature of CoinRoyale ist hat it allows you to play with free credits. You can find this feature once you complete the sign-up process. Just find the “or, play with free credits” link so you can start playing even without bitcoins. You will be given 1,000 free credits. These credits are not bitcoins so you definitely cannot add them to your bitcoin balance once you start playing with real bitcoins.
CoinRoyale Casino Games
At the time this CoinRoyale review was written there are 7 games available, with an eighth option on the way. As previously mentioned, all of these are based on casino games such as poker and slot machines so there are bitcoin casual games to bet on. Other casinos will have casual games similar to those found in the mobile market but CoinRoyale sticks to the casino crowd.
- Dice – This is a game of “Higher or Lower” and there is the option to determine the winning chances by increasing or decreasing the “Higher Than” and “Lower Than” stakes or you can just keep it simple and choose the default, betting to roll either higher than 50 or lower than 50 to win.
- Blackjack – Players get to manage five different hands, each one with different bets. The maximum bet is 2 BTC and Blackjack rewards players with a 3-to-2 payout ratio. It also uses 8 decks simultaneously, constantly shuffling after each hand to ensure a varied game session.
- Baccarat – The game is similar to Dice but this time players must bet whether the dealer or player will have a winning hand. The winner is the one with cards whose values are closest to 9. There is also the option to bet on a tie and this has a 9-to-1 payout. Keep in mind that there is a 5% commission for dealer bets.
- Video Poker – This is a simple five-card hand “Jacks or Better” poker game. This means players need to get at least a pair of Jacks or higher in order to win. The payout ratio is displayed at the top, with a pair of Jacks earning 1x winning ratio and a Royal Flush earning an 800x winning ratio.
- Roulette and European Roulette – These games play like traditional roulette, with the option to place bets on individual numbers, adjacent numbers via line bets or to take row and column bets. The maximum inside bet is up to 0.1 BTC while the maximum table bet is up to 2 BTC, for both versions.
- Slots – Simply input how much is to be gambled and then pick how many lines will be played. The more lines open will cost a higher betting amount.
No Live Games on CoinRoyale.com Bitcoin Casino
If you are looking for games with live dealers or other forms of live bitcoin casino games, CoinRoyale is not the site for you.
More CoinRoyale Bonuses
From time to time there are other bonus codes available. These include VIP bonuses and select rewards handed for referring other people to CoinRoyale.
Accessing these follows the same routine as the welcome bonus. Players must click the Promotions menu and then enter the bonus code at the appropriate code page. Bonuses are rewarded instantly and any additional instructions, such as roll over limits and requirements, are posted on the same screen so that players will be aware if there is any condition to convert their bonus coins into actual bitcoins.
In-House Gaming Platform by CoinRoyale
While other casinos are switching over to well-known gaming platforms such as CoinGaming.io, CoinRoyale sticks with its own in-house developed system that runs on the latest HTML5 platform. So far, the games we tested have worked smoothly. There were no serious issues encountered.
The CoinRoyale website is set in English by default but there are three other languages available. The site can also be viewed in Standard Mandarin, Simplified Mandarin, and Bahasa Indonesia.
CoinRoyale.com=Online Bitcoin Gambling Casino for Everyone
Anyone from any part of the world is welcome to sign up for an account at CoinRoyale. Unless online gambling is outlawed in your country, you can always play online casino games at CoinRoyale. The site does not indicate restrictions for US players.
It’s not encouraging that a bitcoin gambling site like CoinRoyale does not provide information about its license. The only information available on this Bitcoin casno regarding licensing is single blog post about bitcoin gambling regulation in California.
CoinRoyale’s Guarantee of Fair Play and Optimal Security
CoinRoyale does exhibit the use of the Provably Fair system. This guarantees that every game session can be inspected to ensure the fairness of the gaming odds. If you click the Provably Fair button on the homepage, information is presented on how each hand is calculated.
This is also why CoinRoyale does not use any other form of currency other than Bitcoins and the free credits for those testing the site out.
CoinRoyale also has a routine that guarantees that the site’s accumulated bitcoins are secured. This routine involves the routing of all bitcoins from the site’s online wallet to an offline cold-wallet. The online hot-wallet will then be refilled a bit just for CoinRoyale to have enough bitcoins in order to process a day’s usual number of transactions. This whole routine is done on a daily basis, guaranteeing that even if a hacker were to break into CoinRoyale’s system they’d only be able to steal one day’s worth of deposits instead of the whole jackpot or accumulated bets from all players.
Currencies, Deposits, and Withdrawals on CoinRoyale
At the time this CoinRoyale review was written, the only currency used is bitcoin (BTC). Of course this means you will need a bitcoin wallet to get started. CoinRoyale suggests that you obtain them from Circle, Coin MX and ANXBTC.
The minimum deposit or withdrawal is also very lenient, at 0.001 BTC. Deposits, no matter how big, are credited instantly and for the most part so are withdrawals. There is no reverse flushing taking place so if a player wants to withdraw they’ll be able to complete the transaction without delay.
The only time withdrawals experience a delays is when the amount being withdrawn is notably large. This will prompt the staff to make the withdrawal manually and this can take a little bit of time. Fortunately, players can receive an update by simply contacting customer service via email@example.com.
There is no maximum payout so you can always cash out all of your bitcoins when desired, even if this ends up emptying your deposit.
CoinRoyale Works on Mobile!
CoinRoyale games can be played on mobile devices, whether on a larger tablet like the iPad Mini 2 or on a smaller smartphone such as an iPhone 5s. Like most modern websites there is no need to navigate to a separate mobile version of CoinRoyale because the site utilizes responsive coding that allows the site to automatically adjust itself to better fit any given screen size.
For this CoinRoyale review the site has been tested on different mobile devices of different sizes. Menus are easy to navigate through and the games themselves play like a charm. Using touch controls can get a little difficult on smaller screens but this is an issue faced by any game site running on a small screen.
The user experience on mobile devices is fairly adequate which is important given that there is no dedicated CoinRoyale app available at the moment.
If you’re not sure yet on how bitcoins work or how CoinRoyale’s system works then you can simply visit their official FAQ page or the Bitcoins Information page for some quick answers. There is also a guide on the Provably Fair system and there is the option to email customer support for any additional questions or issues. Also, be sure to check out the Terms and Service of the site to avoid issues later on.
CoinRoyale Customer Service Information
At the time this review was written, CoinRoyale can only be contacted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) which is functional and responsive. It would have been better if there’s a customer hotline for players to call for urgent issues or a live chat facility.
Other Information about CoinRoyale
- CoinRoyale does not offer free spins.
- It also does not have manual flushing.
- If you are looking for information about the house edge at CoinRoyale, there’s none to find. There’s only one blog post on the site that discusses the idea of house edge in general but it does not present anything specific about CoinRoyale.
CoinRoyale Pros and Cons
- Clean and simple design that is easy on the eyes and easy to navigate through.
- Free credits allow you to play to test the system before you decide to deposit bitcoins and engage in actual bitcoin gambling.
- Casino games are all easy to play and bet with, particularly with the added guides to help first-time players.
- Responsive design ensures the site can be accessed on any device, from a desktop computer to a smart phone or tablet.
- The games are HTML5-based so there’s no need for the notoriously resource-demanding Flash plugin.
- Anonymous gambling supported.
- Lack of live customer support.
- CoinRoyale does have a welcome bonus but it is rather small (1 BTC) compared to other online bitcoin casinos.
- The site is clearly unfinished. A number of pages are still inaccessible.